Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Tokyo Temple


I love going to the temple, especially temples outside of the US. Every temple seems to have something special that sets it apart and the Tokyo temple is no exception. For me, it's the gorgeous hand painting of cherry blossoms at Mt. Fuji in the inner waiting room. I could sit in those comfy chairs and look at that photo for hours. I've thought more than once about taking it with me when I PCS.

The temple was so crowded on Saturday that they had to set up folding chairs down the aisles to accommodate everyone. Only in Japan would the endowment room feel like rush hour on the JR Limited Express. Man, I am going to miss this place!

I am also a lover of temple cafeterias, and in no way does the Tokyo temple disappoint. It has curry to die for. I never make the trip without indulging. Weight Watchers points shouldn't count for temple food, right?

I love doing the endowment in different languages, seeing first-hand how diverse my brothers and sisters in the gospel are. And I love that at the end of the session we all end up in the celestial room, one big melting pot of different backgrounds with the same desire -- to be in the presence of our Heavenly Father. Amazing.

2 comments:

sly said...

I got onto your blog because you commented on Jena's. Yea!! Love your comments on the temple. Love your Abby and her birthday torture -ha! Wish she knew us!! We miss you guys so much and long for the days of togetherness again!

Sommer Family said...

Amen and Amen!