Thursday, March 05, 2009

Fat Boy PT

If I was in the military I'd be in Fat Boy Physical Training, which is basically the same as regular physical training but they make you do it twice a day. Running, push-ups, sit-ups, gym time, dodgeball, whatever -- I'd need a healthy military-regulated daily dose. It's for the people that ate a little too many sweets between their six-month physical fitness tests, or, in my case, for the first half of my life. I'm sure there's a more politically correct term than Fat Boy PT, but that's what it is, and we all know who's in the program.

So in order to change my F-A-T to a P-H-A-T I started training for a half marathon. Shocking, I know. So far I can run 2 miles (3.2K) in 23 minutes. The military considers running that distance in 20 minutes a pass. So, in other words, they would give me a big fat "F" for my effort. At least now, after a few tries, I am able to do it without walking a portion of it.

My schedule is listed below. Feel free to let me know if you want to join the fun train.

I run Mondays, Wednesdays, Friday and Saturday:

Week One -- 3.2K, 3.2K, 3.2K, 3.2K
Week Two -- 3.2K, 3.2K, 3.2K, 3.2K
Weed Three -- 4.8K, 3.2K, 3.2K, 4.8K
Week Four -- 4.8K, 3.2K, 3.2K, 4.8K
Week Five -- 5.4K, 3.2K, 3.2K, 6.4K
Week Six -- 5.4K, 3.2K, 3.2K, 6.4K
Week Seven -- 4.8K, 4.8K, 4K, 8K
Week Eight -- 4.8K, 4.8K, 4K, 8K
Week Nine -- 6.4K, 6.4K, 4.8K, 11.2K
Week Ten -- 8K, 6.4K, 4.8K, 12.8K
Week Eleven -- 8K, 8K, 4.8K, 16K
Week Twelve -- 8K, 8K, rest, 20.8K

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm so impressed! Go you. But don't feel bad, after the wii fit stuff we've found that Ainsley can run a mile and a half faster than Cheyenne.

Jessica said...

I started running again in January and I love it! I'm so proud of you! Running is the best way to burn calories and get in shape. It can be absolutely grueling but so much of it is a mind game--tell yourself you can do it and eventually your mind will push those legs forward.

The Johnsons said...

Good luck with that! You are awesome to do the T.V. thing, now a half marathon, it's making me thing I've got to aspire for more then just getting myself out of my "chinese bargain", velor sweats each day. :)

Eden said...

When are you doing a 1/2 marathon? If you'll be in Utah (phat chance, right?) there is an amazing one that Joel and I will be running--the Hobblecreek Half-- you run down the gorgeous canyon in record time (all down hill) I can't wait to get in shape!!!!