Sunday, March 15, 2009

Barnyard Stank Eye

Recently, I've had a case of the blahs. Nothing too severe, just feeling a little out-of-the-loop and missing friends and family. It's hard being so far from home and knowing life is going on without you. You start to wonder if people even remember you're missing from their lives. It's easy to overlook one person missing, but I can't overlook the hundreds of friends and families we're away from. I'm not going to lie, sometimes it's rough.

So I did what always makes me happy -- taking Abby out in public to give people the stank eye. This time I took her to the zoo. She didn't disappoint; Stank eye all around. From barnyard animal to barnyard animal, it was one big HECK NO. Stay back. I'm just not that into you.

If I could read Abby's mind this is what she would be saying:


What's up 80's show pony? The only thing you're rocking is that Jon Bon Jovi bouffant. In about two months I am going to be taller than you and I'll have to bend down to give you the staredown. Don't worry, I'll make the effort.

Don't forget what I said. I won't repeat myself.

There are five guinnea pigs living in this laundry basket. I'm having none of that. My mom is crazy to touch you. You all get five seconds of stank eye. One for each of you.

Goats smell. This one is no exception. Take the picture quick before my stank eye is permanent.

6 comments:

Holly said...

OH my goodness I love it! I miss you guys so much.

Crystal said...

XD I love her stank eyes! We used to call it crazy eyes. Ainsley would get all cranky and the crazy eyes would come out.

Eden said...

Denise!!!! I miss you too. I feel like I didn't get much quality time with you at Christmas, and you three all mean so much to Joel and I. I love how funny little Abby is--Jay is opposite though--he says "dat" to anyone and everyone. Girls are just so dramatic.

Jessica said...

You are HEElarious! I want Abby to give me the stank eye. Sorry you have the blahs...I miss you. LOTS and lots and lots.

The Johnsons said...

I hear you on the "blah" feeling but nothing to get too worried about, comment. I feel like it definitely happened more often to me when we lived in Beijing, but then if it wasn't blah, it was really really good. The highs were higher it seems. I wish we could go on a trip again soon....but I think we need to wait until Kurt starts making money again!

Aunt Kim said...

I miss you!!!! Come home anytime! What an exciting daytrip for Abby! She is learning so much about her new world. Abby will definitely have wonderful memories of all the unusal places and people she will visit over her lifetime. You look great Denise - that mint green colour looks awesome with your hair. I think pastels look wonderful on you!