Friday, January 29, 2010

Needed: One Time Out Mat

This is Abby's new time out mat. She was thrilled to find it, but I think she'll be less than thrilled to find out what it means for her. It has become necessary since she started her I'll-hit-you-in-the-face-if-I'm-annoyed tomfoolery. I have a feeling she is going to spend A LOT of time on this little ditty.
Here are the rules for the time out mat:

Just so you get the full effect. (Clearly I posted it on an angle and will fix it as soon as I'm done blogging this).

Here is a time out moment caught on tape. You don't even see that wild slapping arm coming...

Any tips on how time outs work in your home?

6 comments:

Being Ausmus said...

LOL I LOVE this post!!! That fact that you caught a "time out" behavior in action is priceless! I also love your "rule page." So funny! Good luck friend:)!

heidizinha said...

Oh time out. We are bffs.

You're mat is so cute, and I love your sign!

For time out we put Mae in a corner. It's worked out pretty well because there is always a corner wherever you go and she goes to time out a lot of places besides our house.

Thankfully she goes less often as she grows. I hope she's getting it.

Good luck!

Aunt Kim said...

What does mom get for being a little bit annoying? Maybe you should go buy yourself a little butterfly mat to sit beside hers! We have not implemented a "time-out" area yet the firm no's, taking items away from her or distracting her seem to be working right now but in a few months your strategy might kick in. I use the hallway at school for those little rascals!
P.S. I love Abby's new picture at the beginning of your blog!

Sarah said...

Hats off to ya! A little bit down the road I'll be asking YOU for advice!

Callicott Family said...

Lottie loves to hit too. My favorite is when she's mad and PINCHES instead of hitting.

Just wait until there are two of them. The time outs never end!

Ten points for catching the hitting on tape!

Jessica said...

Shoot. She was being so sweet and cute with her kisses and songs then POW to the kisser. What the? How was that mat Abbie?