Sunday, January 03, 2010

Party On

We had a fun few days of partying it up on Depot. Ironic, isn't it?

New Year's Day involved an 8-hour board game showdown -- Culps vs. Robertsons. I think we came up pretty even, but it wasn't without some bumps and bruises. Ruckus got so out of control we had to ditch the seats and play on our feet with elbows out. We made it through this whole stack and then some.
We stopped a few times for some yummy food. My cookies came out awesome. Cheyenne made a great brisket that tasted just divine on white bread with mayo and ketchup. I have to admit I had some for breakfast the next day.

Abby had a BLAST with her friend Ainsley. They played so well almost the whole time. Even sweet baby boy Culp was a jolly monkey, content to just sit and watch the crazy adults. Abby normally refuses to go to sleep when we have guests over, but she was so exhausted she went down without a peep.
Party two was a mixer for all the Depot residents. Abby looks divine in her new sweater. It was great to finally get a chance to meet all the families that have moved onto our base. There are some really fun people here that I never would have met otherwise. We also met a fun couple that lived in Berlin for a while. We are actually trying to move into the neighborhood they lived in. It will be so much fun to get their advice and recommendations.

Cheers to a new year of friends, family and dreams fulfilled!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Riley looks so concerned! I'm so glad we could do it. Let's do it some more, k?

Being Ausmus said...

Oh my gosh those cookies look good....mmmmm chocolate chip cookies!!!! I'm gonna be craving those puppies forever now!!!! xo

Eden said...

So fun! sounds like you guys had a way more awesome new years than us (unless you like the stomach flu and all the clean up it brings!)

sly said...

You are a fun group to hang out with. Glad you had so much fun bringing in the New Year!! We sure miss you guys and I was so sad to be out of town when you came to town. Good luck with the move. I can imagine what it would be like to live out of a suitcase, because I have been doing it almost all summer-ha! One of my favorite books I have ever read (suggested by Jena) is "The Robe". It was a compelling story and made me really think about what it means to be a Christian.

Jena said...

Aw man. I want to live by you. We are so dull over here. 8 hours of games! I would not want to be up against the two of you. I would get a beating...and how.

I agree with my mom. The Robe is fabulous. I couldn't put it down. Guess what I'm reading? The U.S. Constitution for Dummies. You got me hooked to those books.