Friday, January 22, 2010

Thanks for Nothing

Jeremy, Abby and I have all been pretty sick for the past week. Abby came down with "it" first. We still have no idea what "it" was. First she had a little red dot that appeared on her legs, then it spread out into super fun white bubbled rashes everywhere. We called the doctor and they asked if she was throwing up, not eating or drinking or had a fever. She was acting totally normal, except for the Phantom of the Opera patches all over her body. It was confirmed that she had a viral infection and Benadryl and Tylenol were our best options to making the rashes go away. They would spring up and go away within hours, always somewhere new and always with different sized bumps and colors. It was pretty fun to guess where they would show up next. They weren't itchy and didn't seep at all, so Abby had no idea they were even there.
Here are some shots of "it" captured on film:

The face-neck rashes creeped me out a lot. I was a little concerned it would work its way into her mouth and eye. Thankfully it didn't.

Here "it" is above her lip, her arm and her back.


Here it is working it's way down her legs.

I'd like to report she's as good as new now. No sign of "it" at all. Who knows when/where it will pop up next.

Jeremy and I got the flu-like symptoms to the extreme. We both had terribly sore throats, snotty noses and foggy heads. We were like a pile of zombies. We ended up going to emergency care at the air force base on the Saturday. Jeremy left with a handful of medication.

Here is how my appointment went:

Doctor: YIKES. Are you able to eat and drink okay? Your throat is really red and swollen.

Denise: Yes, but it hurts like heck.

Doctor: Good, because I'm not going to give you anything since you're pregnant. Have a nice day.

Denise: Thanks for nothing. Literally.

6 comments:

Callicott Family said...

That looks terrible. Glad you all are okay!

Eden said...

"It" looks awesome! I'm so sorry you guys have been sick--weird Japanese virus! Why I oughtta!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Poor Abs! I'm glad she's doing okay and they aren't itchy for her.
Wow... I can't believe the doctor just dismissed you because you're pregnant. There has to be SOMETHING you can take that is still okay for the baby... Ugh!

Aunt Kim said...

Poor Abby! Her rash looks painful - I would have been freaking out! I am glad it has disappeared. The no medication during pregnancy sucks big time! I hope you are beginning to feel much better!

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Rashes are so mysterious. At least they didn't itch - that is pure torture to have an itchy rash.
Hope you are feeling better

Jena said...

poor thing. Abby looks good even with "it". I remember when I was pregnant with Rylee I had a seriously horrible sinus infection and I couldn't take a thing! I didn't sleep for weeks.