Thursday, March 08, 2012

Canada!

If you have never played the game "Headbanz: 80s Edition" you haven't lived. Three rounds of that and you'll laugh until you sweat.



Sourpuss cousins!  


Aunt Kim took us to the indoor playground. We had a blast chasing the kids and getting some exercise in at the same time.


That being said, the kids were just as thrilled to play in this ginormous cardboard box. Well, everyone but Ollie who ended up underneath it at one point during the evening.


No Lewis/Zavitz Christmas is complete until we've had cookies, more games, and tons o'presents. This year did not disappoint.




This was Abby's third Christmas in one week and she was ecstatic. Next year is going to be such a HUGE letdown for her. Santa pre-spent this year's allotment on the 2012 trip extravaganza (the second honeymoon for mom and dad). Surprise! Hopefully you won't notice that half your birthday presents are going to be wrapped again and under that tree.


I remember loving the London Children's Museum as a child. It had the best hands-on exhibits. Kim and I were giddy to bring our budding babes to the old haunt and it didn't disappoint. 


They still had the underground dinosaur tunnels that I could still fit in and explore.


The space museum section rocked.


The highlight was definitely the McDonalds play center. I was lucky enough to have worked at McDonalds (front counter and the window) for a few years in my high school days. Say whatever you want, but it was a fantastic job. I loved working with my cousin Monica. I met my first boyfriend there (and we kissed in the freezer during lunch breaks!). It was the happening place to be on a weekend. And if you dropped a bucket of nuggets and fries 10 minutes before closing time they were totally going to let you eat it. I can totally see "May I Take Your Order" in the future for these two. 






Oliver had no fear of the dog sled.


While Aaron was all about the kayak.


Sweet Kim had the best bedtime stories and snuggles. She has more energy than both my kids put together. I, on the other hand, took the extra time to watch TV and eat Canadian chocolate bars (the best ever!).



I think Aaron's snowman looks more like a poop pile. Better luck next time, sweet pea!


John was the superman with the Ipad. He got all the kids addicted to Fruit Ninja. We are so happy that he is going to officially be a part of our family next year!


My sister and I are such dorks.


For those of you who know, I am a SUPER competitive person. As soon as I saw this tube I knew that we were going to compete on who could get through it faster. It's not as easy as it looks, especially after you've done it a few times (in order to beat your best score!) and have raw elbows. 


Kim, apparently, does not care if the kids hit each other or her things with swords. She's real cutting edge like that.



5 comments:

Jessica said...

You and your sisters are so gorgeous! Cute cousins!

Being Ausmus said...

LOVE!!! Nothing beats going home to family!!! Denise you look sensational...my parents used the word "gorgeous" numerous times:)!!
Love you bunches and so happy for you!!!

Sarah said...

Oh time with family, you can't beat it! BTW, love your sneaky ploy to rewrap presents for next year's Christmas. Hope it works :0)

Aunt Kim said...

I loved your blog and pictures. That was a super fun holiday! Come back soon! xoxo

Pamela Lewis said...

This blog was fun to read! Now I wish I went to the museums with you! Can’t wait to see you again soon! xo