Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring is Here!

Today was so beautiful that we didn't even take the time to change out of our church clothes before we went out to the garden to romp around. Abby planted the beautiful flower in her pink tin. She is VERY proud of it. There was supposed to be a white flower that goes with it, but I accidently planted it in with the patch of flowers behind her. Cue week-long sobbing.





Abby is pretty hardcore about how I do her hair and how she wears her accessories. There was no way I could convince her to push that headband back a tad. For the week prior to this one, I was forced to put her hair in braids every single day. My neighbors wanted to know what the braids stood for. What? There was no subliminal message attached to that hairdo. She's a little young for gang signs.



There is a new guy at our church that rocks a bow tie. It's the new fad, so clearly Ollie is all over it. He's a dapper little stud.


Who's her favorite parent? Yup, still dad.





Ollie refuses to stop moving, even for a second so I can take a picture. I eventually cornered him as he was climbing the ladder. These were the best that I could do.

 


We ended up planting a long flower bed along the side of our property. We planted some raspberry and blackberry bushes, as well as a ton of flowers. Abby decorated the cherry tree with plastic Easter eggs again this year. I love that tradition.



This weekend Abby was signed up for a ballet workshop. She loved it. They got to wear tutus and dance to a fairy tale story theme. She is game to try most anything. She keeps asking to play soccer and baseball, but I think we're set until next year. I'm still crossing my fingers she'll want to play hockey this winter!


Abby took this picture of her teacher and I thought it was awesome. 


While all the other kids were dancing Abby was cleaning. She makes me so proud.

4 comments:

Aunt Kim said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! The video was great also! Too funny!

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Abby is so beautiful! Wow! She seems to be so grown up suddenly. Where is my baby girl?

Oliver too. We were worried about getting teeth, and now he has big beautiful white pearlies with his smile.

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

I forgot to mention the cleaning. Love the cleaning. Such a practical girl. Why waste energy on senseless dance movement when you can have something clean to show for it when you are done?

Jessica said...

They are so cute! It's astonishing how particular kids can be about their hair/clothes/shoes/etc. I like Ollie's bow tie!