Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Knock and Ditch

The last Sunday we went to church was a very challenging one. It took every ounce of patience I had to make it through Sacrament meeting without screaming, which is basically what Abby was intent on doing for the whole hour.

When it came time for Gospel Doctrine I pulled a knock and ditch. I basically knocked on the nursery door, pushed Abby in when they opened it, and ran as fast as I could towards my class. A seconds later the guilt set in and I went back to get my sweet pea. Thankfully my sweet friend Lisa offered to take her, even though she is still two months away from officially being allowed to be in nursery. She wouldn't take no for an answer. That's why she's the greatest.

Abby LOVED it. Mommy LOVED it. And our new fridge is adorned with nursery goodness. Here are the fruits of her labor:

Noah just needed a little dabble of color to complete the look.

Abby was a little afraid she wouldn't be invited back if she didn't dazzle up the Adam and Eve popsicle craft. Notice the splash of red behind the antlers. She knows a little bit of color goes a long way.

She knew messing this craft up was out of the question. It's good enough as is.

We look forward to September! Nursery = sweet goodness.

4 comments:

Eden said...

you gotta hand it to her--she knows the simple rule of "less is more"

Denna Le Lyman-Robertson said...

Bless those sweet nursery workers.

Jessica said...

I hope she loves it. Soren digs nursery and Asher gets the shakes and tremors. He cries hysterically, in fact, I have NEVER seem him so frightened and traumatized. No break for me. Sigh.

Hunting. . .for sanity! said...

She's welcome anytime I'm there! Same for SS - I could use a distraction! Love that girl!