Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Saddle Up

Pioneers are awesome. Totally awesome.

I'm sure going West was a challenging and faith-testing experience for them. On the other hand, what an amazing adventure! Just thinking of exploring places and cultures few other people have heard of sends chills down my spine. I am nearly certain I would have done most anything to get a spot on a cart going West.

I feel like a pioneer every time we move. To a small extent I understand some of the trials they must have had -- we've left family and friends behind, moved to different countries, had to find housing and transportation in our new land.

The upside is that we can now talk face-to-face to our families through the webcam 24/7, research where we are going on the internet and arrive to a house already built and a car waiting at the airport.

I also enjoy getting rid of things we don't use, thoroughly enjoy packing and like the challenge of finding a new job everywhere we go. Although I'm never teaching English again. Ever. Those days are so over.

Just call me half-pint and buy me a little house on the prairie. I would look so good in a bonnet....

No comments: