Friday, July 31, 2009

Flabby Dee

Going on vacation for a whole month can sabotage any diet, no matter how much willpower a person possesses. And trust me, I have none to begin with. So it shouldn't be too surprising that I was terrified to step on the scale when I returned. To my utter joy, I actually lost two pounds while I was home.

How is this possible? I took two months off running, ate fast food every single day, reignited my coke addiction (to the liquid kind) and ate about ten 100 calorie packs a day. It's like I defied the laws of nature.

I may have fooled the scales, but in no way did I fool my pants. They are pinching and bulging in all sorts of new places. And then I had a come to Jesus moment -- I think I lost about 10 pounds of muscle and transformed it into good old fat. I'm positive I've lost my runner's heartbeat and without a doubt my stamina has dwindled down to nothing.

I have 39 days until I have to hike Machu Picchu. I refuse to come this far and fail. Tomorrow I'm back on track. Hold me to it.

6 comments:

Being Ausmus said...

:( so sad how long you have to work for it and how quickly it goes away!!! You'll do it Denise...get running...just take er slow and think of it like brushing your teeth...not enjoyable but something you have to do everyday no matter what!!!
On a side note...muscles decreasing or not...you look beautiful in all your pic's:)!!!!

Jessica said...

Denise--39 days is plenty of time to re-train and prep for your amazing adventure. I wish we could all have the metabolism of a mom nursing (pumping) for twin babies--that was the life.

Jena said...

Me too, me too! I have never gotten back on track since who knows when! Today I bought two caramello's. I'm eating them tonight and tomorrow I am running and eating like a rabbit! I'll keep tabs on you if you'll keep tabs on me.

Jena said...

oh ya, Molly's embroidery is going to be framed for her room...if I like it enough.

chucknorris said...

hahaha oh i love you...
i agree...
food is good!!!
BUT!
GOOD LUCK!

Eden said...

I can't stick to eating well right now either--it all takes too much planning and too much grocery shopping--and really, who wants to do that? I'm giving myself another week then Eden starts school (and I'm "running" my half-marathon) then look out spinach--here I come!