Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Storybook Gardens

Another great childhood spot is Storybook Gardens. It is constantly changing and each time I go it's like seeing it for the first time. I was so happy that we were able to get there as a family.

I was a little alarmed that they let peacocks run free throughout the park. The children chase them down, pull their feathers and freak them out. Where is PETA when you need them? Pam wasn't afraid to get up in their business as well. Rebel yell.

Abby and the peacock were having a stare off. We totally won. That bird ended up doing the walk of shame.

A teaching moment.

Abby was SUPER angry we made her be in this photo.

This water center was not here when I was little. It is too bad that it was so cold out and we couldn't go in.

Abby wanted to push this stroller every where. Anytime I tried to help her she would throw a HUGE tantrum, push my arms and scream NO. She has quite the little attitude now.




We stopped for a quick photo while lost in the maze.

Abby's checking out the best route out of there.

Reese loves wood chips. Endless fun.


This little duck caused us huge problems. He was camped out in the food area and ran around picking up anything we dropped. Pam and I had a blast putting fries on each other and near a very annoyed Kim. It was all fun and games until its hissing mom came over to join into the fun.

I convinced the sisters to get on the frogs for this shot.

Kim climbed to the top of this rock wall so we all joined in. It was a crapper trying to get down in my flip flops. I love trying new things with my girls.

We also dominated this ropes course. Who says playgrounds are only for children?


Reese showing off her mad walking skills.


Modern pioneers.

Of course Abby started screaming so we pretended to throw her out. I do this a lot and it makes her giggle. I love that she is a modern pioneer in her Puma shoes. How posh.

We wanted to get some pics of the babies in the cutouts but Aunt Pam kept making cameos. She makes the spoon look good!


Notice Abby has all the pails and shovels and Reese is just sitting there. Good thing she doesn't mind.

Pam taking control of the toys.

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe......

Abby almost had a great fall off this wall. Go-go gadget arms.

Reese fell in love with this owl and kept holding it to her face in the toy store. It makes a creepy hooting sound when you push its stomach. Aunt Kim was so kind to buy it for her.

Reese loved Abby's shoes and kept stroking them.

Abby was not a fan and kept holding her feet over her head so Reese couldn't touch them.
Abby liked the carousel for the first five minutes. Near the end she threw a tantrum and banged her head off the metal rod. Game over.

I think she was pretty loopy from smashing her head and didn't make a peep on this train ride with Pam, Reese and Grandma.

She couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

If I were a peacock getting the stink eye, I'd run too! :D

Aren't sister the most fun?

Aunt Kim said...

That was such a fun day minus the geese attacking us at lunch time. I would love to hit the adults who kept feeding the birds fries near the picnic tables. Gggrrrr! The best part was the adults playing on the mountain wall, and the huge spider web, the merry-go-round and the train ride! Thank you for blogging our adventures! Kim xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

How fun! I would LOVE to go to a wonderful place like that. And you're right, playgrounds are definitely NOT just for children :)