Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Send Me Doubles

I as so happy to have attended my cousin Kassandra's bridal shower my first Saturday home. Unfortunately, Abby was feeling sick and was only content either in my arms or hanging off my legs. Therefore I only had the chance to take about five photos and none of them had my cousin in them! Totally disappointing. Good thing tons of other people had cameras and were snapping away! Hopefully they'll send me doubles.

Here are the few shots I got:
These are my beautiful and amazing sisters. We are all so different, yet get along so well.

Kim is the kindest and most thoughtful person I know. She is so accepting of everything and everyone. It has been fun to see her loving and mothering Reese. She never stops teaching. On the flip side, she tells it like it is and isn't afraid to share her opinion or tell you that you're wrong. It's hilarious. Her blunt -- and sometimes hurtful -- honesty is refreshing. Everyone should have a big sister like Kim.

Pam is HYSTERICAL. She cracks me up every single time I'm with her. Her humour is quick and witty. She has no problem telling us that our looks are from the 80s, our hair styles are gross or we've gained some weight. Who says stuff like that? Pam. She is adorable and charming. She can put anyone at ease. She is quick to give thoughtful advice. Although she pretends to be too cool for kids, she is the first to sneak in a quick hug, try something new with Abby or pitch in to help when we are overwhelmed. Everyone should have a little sister like Pam.

However, it should be noted that Pam will never read these pleasant comments about her because she only looks at the pictures on my blog and never reads anything I type. It bores her. She told me herself.

I was so excited to put this outfit on Abby but it was WAY too big. She refused to eat for the first few days we were here and lost a little weight. I spent most of the day pulling up the straps and making sure her lady parts were appropriately covered.

Abby bonded with Pam right away. Everyone loves the Pam.

Pam was the slide master! What a great Aunt.

2 comments:

Jill May said...

That's too bad that your sister doesn't read your blog! I love reading it - I think it's hilarious! My sister reads mine... she just thinks leaving a comment is beneath her...

Aunt Kim said...

Thank you for the pleasant shout-out but just for the record it is not common for me to go around dropping "hurtful" truth bombs to my friends and family members. You can only take so much until the gloves come out. I am becoming a little less passive with age.