Monday, December 11, 2006

12/11 – Bow off

Japanese people are really good at two things – bowing and yelling the word hi. Here is how a typical conversation goes.

(HI.) Welcome to Burger King. (HI/Bow)
Can I have a burger?
(HI.) One burger. (HI.) Two dollars, please.
Here you go.
(HI.) Thank you. (HI/Bow) Here is your change. (HI.)
Thanks.
(HI/Bow/HI)

The hi totally freaks me out because they yell it right at you. I’ll be zoned out and then out of no where someone will scream it. I never know how to respond. What is the correct answer to hi, which, by the way, means yes? What till we go home on vacation and I start busting it out. You’ll see.

Our stuff is here! They didn’t think it would get here until Mid-December so we’re pretty lucky. Now we are going to have Christmas with our decorations. Thanks, Santa!

No comments: