Friday, December 01, 2006

Psalms 46:10

If I could sum up my experience – or lesson learned – in Kenya it would be Psalms 46:10: Be still, and know that I am God. There were so many times when the opportunity to have mini meltdowns presented themselves – lost luggage, seeing the sick and impoverished, the plight of the orphans, the HIV scare, et cetera. Before I would start crying and cursing the world that scripture would come to my mind.

Although the world seems unfair and unjust, Heavenly Father is watching out for each and every person here. He knows them by name. He knows what they need. He knows how to comfort them. He knows how to love them perfectly. He knows what reward awaits them when these challenges are over. He has a plan for them, each and every one of them.

Africa is a place where you could easily lose your faith if you don’t exercise it every day. There are things I saw they may very well haunt me forever; there are things I won’t let myself forget for fear I start taking my blessings for granted. The gospel is alive and well in Kenya. Some say it is because hope is the only thing pressing these people forward.

May we all keep the Nation of Kenya in our thoughts and prayers – they certainly need it.

No comments: